Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2009

Optifast - Day 4

Morning weigh-in: 257.2 lbs (down 2 more lbs - total loss todate: 8.4 lbs)

I'm really amazed at this whole thing because I really haven't been hungry. I don't know if that's attributable to being sick or to the Optifast having an appetite suppressant in it.

So, yesterday saw a bit of a flurry of activity as the surgeon's office scrambled to get everything in order before the surgery.

1. They have decided that they need an abdominal sonogram done after all. Initially, they had said that since my gall bladder had been removed previously, that wouldn't be necessary. But, now they've changed their mind. Bummer! Requires an extra trip over to VA.
2. Surgeon also says he needs an updated cardio clearance from my cardiologist (Dr. A. K.). I had one done back in September when I first started this whole thing. Apparently that's a little too far back to use. So, that necessitated moving an appointment with A.K. from next Friday (1/30) to this morning.
3. I also will be seeing my primary care physician this a.m. to get her medical clearance for me to have the surgery.


1 comment:

  1. You are doing better than me. I dropped 1 lb and then drank some chocolate milk last night and picked up 1/2 lb.
    Hope everything goes great for you and you get over your sickness. Success at your doctor appointments so the surgery can go forward.

    ReplyDelete