Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

The final days before the operation

It's time for me to catch up on what's been going on with the ol' Cheese grater.

I can not believe it has been almost a month since I last entered anything here. So much has happened during that time that I'm sure I will not get everything down. But I'll give it a try!

Pre-op liquid diet: I had to give up on the Optifast diet after about five days. The shakes were going right through me. I lost ten pounds during the process, which was the whole purpose of going on that diet. But, I don't think it was a "healthy" weight loss.

During the last week in January I went through the final clearances from my cardiologist, family doctor, and the surgeon's office. I met with the nutritionist and my surgeon on Thursday, the 29th. They noted that they were still awaiting the input from my cardiologist and clearance from my family doctor. I let them know that I had appointments the next day for those.

On January 30th, I had appointments with the cardiologist first thing and then my family doctor later that morning. From the cardiologist's standpoint, he wanted me to have one last EKG (which was normal). When I got to my family doctor's office, she wanted me to have an EKG too. I told her about the one done earlier in the cardiologist's office. So, they spent the next couple of hours trying to get that one faxed over.

I'm going to break this up into multiple posts so that people don't have to wade through everything if they're only interested in certain parts of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment