Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Let the grating begin

OK. So, here's my first post of what will probably turn out to be the most random, unorganized group of thoughts to appear on the web...an absolute reflection of the state of the mind from whence they come.

Why anyone would want to come and read anything I write is beyond me. But, I guess there are some of you out there with way too much time on your hands.

In case you're wondering about the origins of this blog's title, I just finished a stint as (among other things) the cheese grater in the Port Tobacco Players' production of Disney's Beauty & the Beast. That has been my chief persona for the last month (not counting the rehearsal time leading up to the run). People just say, "Oh, he's that guy that wandered around on stage wearing that big silver pyramid with its top lopped off!"

Living my life as a cheese grater for the last four weeks has really opened my eyes to the plight of these poor, helpless instruments. Instruments, I might add, that make our lives so complete! Why, without cheese graters, how could there be any grated cheese?! And you know what no grated cheese means, don't you?! No pizza. No 7-layer dip. No taco salad. I could go on; but, you get the point.

1 comment:

  1. "Why anyone would want to come and read anything I write is beyond me. But, I guess there are some of you out there with way too much time on your hands."

    Even though I may have "way too much time" on my hands. I count being afforded a portal into the life and times of Larry Silvestro is
    indeed an honor.

    I sincerely desire that your highest expectations will be realized.

    Here is something really STUPID: I have a friend in New York who wanted an empty 3 liter soda bottle. (not available up there) So I went to Shoppers and found that they had 3 liter soda on special, 10 for $10.00

    I tell Cecilia, "Lets stock up for the coming holidays" So I buy all ten. They set around for a few days and I started to imbibe. Before I knew it all 10 were gone, I had gained 10 pounds, and the holidays hadn't come yet. Ten pounds that I had rigorously exercised away on my stationary bicycle. (100 miles per month)

    &*$%#(* I should have bought just one 3 liter soda and poured it down the drain. That's what my Doctor told me. "Lose the 10 lbs boy"

    Now I have to "pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again"

    HOW STUPID IS THAT? I ASK YOU?
    By the way I have 7, empty, 3 liter soda bottles available.

    Any Takers? You can have an empty 3 liter bottle and not have to drink the contents.
    I already did it for you :-)

    Sid

    ReplyDelete